Postgrad in Biology
Here is a collection of links that I hope will be useful to those that are in search of funding/work after completing their PhD in biology.
Additionally here is a PDF of a career development talk I gave at the UNC 2010 Biology Retreat that may be helpful
Overall Good Links:
- Ecolog listserv – search the archive and join the list; I recommend using digest mode if you don’t want to get overwhelmed with emails
- Grant and job resources table
- Chronicle of Higher Ed – PostDoc and Faculty Research jobs listed here seem to be a strange sample of non-mainstream jobs
- Central Job Wiki for all of Biology
- Nature jobs
- Academic interview advice by Rebecca Richards-Kortum and Sherry Woods.
Postdoc Funding Opportunities & Jobs:
- A list compiled by Berkeley
- A list complied by MIT
- ESA Physiological Ecology Section list of Ecology postdocs
- Ecology Job Wiki – my personal favorite
- ESA Physiological Ecology Section list of Ecology Positions – an amazing site on all ecology related positions